What is an Argument Essay? TED-ed
Viedo Essays -- Thinking Thoughtfully, Critically, and Creatively
Why Video Essays? Video essays bring together writing, editing, rhetoric, and digital and media studies.
- There’s novelty. Having students produce a video essay taps into their creativity in new ways, and can be used to help them think through a topic just as deeply as a more traditional essay.
- A good video essay will be concise, but getting an essay into a short film requires a good deal or planning and editing. That’s another important rhetorical skill—the art of revision.
- A video essay requires that students think in both words and images, stretching their communication skills.
- I can access information effectively and efficiently.
- I can distinguish between fact and opionion.
- I can use an appropriate graphic organizer to arrange and manage gathered information.
- I can understand the intended audience and the time allotted impact the product and presentation of information.
- I can cite information from a variety of sources including print and non-print sources.
- I can write effectively for a vareity of audiences, purposes, and contexts.
- I can write a persuasive piece of writing.
- I can use effective research practices.
- I can express information in my own words.
- I can cite references for all information used.