URL for Edmodo
Directions for Creating Your Student Account
- You only register once! Thereafter you login and can join new groups!
- Go to the site above (type Edmodo in the address bar, choose from PSMS site, or Library site)
- Choose: I'm a student.
- You'll need to provide this code: teacher supplied
- Provide your username (same as your computer username + psm), a password (your BV ID #, e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org), your first name, and your last name.
- Submit this information.
Video Tutorial for setting up your account
THINK -- Filter your Fingertips!
Image from: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/15833036163115538/
What is it?
Edmodo is a secure, social learning platform for teachers, students, schools and districts. Edmodo provides a safe and easy way for classes to connect and collaborate, share content and access homework, grades and school notices. It has the look and feel of Facebook but it is an academic social network.
1. Edmodo is a secure site. However, it is not a good idea to give out ANY personal information.
2. Use appropriate language for school. No slang, vulgar language, derogatory comments, obscene comments, swearing etc..
3. ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO
Using extraneous punctuation is not recommended and neither using ALL CAPS
4. Write in English without text slang or abbreviations and use complete sentences; all responses should be written using conventional English.
5. When disagreeing with someone, do it in a polite and respectful manner. Talk about topics, not people.
6. Focus on the learning topic. While there is a social element to this site, be school appropriate.
7. Anything quoted, paraphrased or copied from another source must be cited.